Information Landscape today
Wikijunior for ES
Use the Talk Page
Wikipedia’s Good Article criteria
Wikipedia’s Quality Scale
Wikipedia pops up in bibliographies, and even college curricula
Wikipedia better than a history textbook
Is Wikipedia Really Such a Bad Research Tool for Students?
Wikipedia is arguably subject to more rigorous review practices than are many scholarlypublications.
Principles of connectivism:
- Learning and knowledge rests in diversity of opinions.
- Learning is a process of connecting specialized nodes or information sources.
- Learning may reside in non-human appliances.
- Capacity to know more is more critical than what is currently known
- Nurturing and maintaining connections is needed to facilitate continual learning.
- Ability to see connections between fields, ideas, and concepts is a core skill.
- Currency (accurate, up-to-date knowledge) is the intent of all connectivist learning activities.
- Decision-making is itself a learning process. Choosing what to learn and the meaning of incoming information is seen through the lens of a shifting reality. While there is a right answer now, it may be wrong tomorrow due to alterations in the information climate affecting the decision.
How do you get students to create?
Brita Water Filter