Elevator Pitch – Introductions
Be An Active Learner
* Jeff reserves the right to change the schedule at any time
*All times are approximate
8:45 – 9:45: Understanding Today (Free Seating)
- Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation
- The Next Tech Generations
- Cell Phone Activations Hit 5 Billion Worldwide
- Who’s That Texting Your Kids in Class 66% of the Time? Parents
- Free Mosquito Ringtones
- What’s it mean to disconnect?
- Bloom’s Revised HOTS for Technology
9:45 – 10:00: Break
10:00 – 11:30: Search Today (Grade Level Seating)
Building Search Understanding
11:30 – 12:00: Student as Creator
Examples of Creation and Sharing
12:00 – 1:00 Working Lunch
12:00 – 12:30: Unconference Discussion 1
12:30 – 1:00: Unconference Discussion 2
1:00 – 2:00: Social Networking (School Seating)
Attorney General’s Report on Cyber Predators
…the report concluded that the problem of bullying among children, both online and offline, poses a far more serious challenge than the sexual solicitation of minors by adults.
Twitter is about content not about people
Find Your Community
Find a client that works for you:
Twitter with students
2:00 – 2:30: Q & A and Discussion
2:30 – 3:00 Wrap-Up
Robot used to round up cows is a hit with farmers
A Chinese province is trying to solve its labor problems with robots
Ground control: Are pilotless passenger jets within reach?
Other Opportunities to learn from Jeff and Free Stuff
Eduro Learning: Online courses for recertification credit
COETAIL Program: 3 semesters and 150 clock hours….prepare to change your teaching practice
Ninjaprogram.com: Free program for student and educator to learn Google Apps for Education
Reach – Jeff Utecht – FREE Book!
If we have time: Connectivism & SAMR
Principles of connectivism:
- Learning and knowledge rests in diversity of opinions.
- Learning is a process of connecting specialized nodes or information sources.
- Learning may reside in non-human appliances.
- Capacity to know more is more critical than what is currently known
- Nurturing and maintaining connections is needed to facilitate continual learning.
- Ability to see connections between fields, ideas, and concepts is a core skill.
- Currency (accurate, up-to-date knowledge) is the intent of all connectivist learning activities.
- Decision-making is itself a learning process. Choosing what to learn and the meaning of incoming information is seen through the lens of a shifting reality. While there is a right answer now, it may be wrong tomorrow due to alterations in the information climate affecting the decision.
SAMR Model SAMR Matrix
Please feel free to leave a comment about this session below. I do reserve the right to use any comment as promotional material on my website. 🙂