Principles of connectivism:
- Learning and knowledge rests in diversity of opinions.
- Learning is a process of connecting specialized nodes or information sources.
- Learning may reside in non-human appliances.
- Capacity to know more is more critical than what is currently known
- Nurturing and maintaining connections is needed to facilitate continual learning.
- Ability to see connections between fields, ideas, and concepts is a core skill.
- Currency (accurate, up-to-date knowledge) is the intent of all connectivist learning activities.
- Decision-making is itself a learning process. Choosing what to learn and the meaning of incoming information is seen through the lens of a shifting reality. While there is a right answer now, it may be wrong tomorrow due to alterations in the information climate affecting the decision.
Stages of Technology Use
SAMR Model SAMR Matrix
TRUDACOT (Technology-Rich Unit Design and Classroom Observation Template)
Latest COETAIL final projects
- Sean (IB Math)
- Jessica (HS English)
- Akio (PYP, Digital Citizenship)
- Dalton (Gr4 Math)
- Dwayne (ePortfolios in PYP)
- Kevin (Library)
- Zach (IB English)
- Jayne (Secondary ESL)
- Beth (PYP EAL)
- Sophie (IB Drama)
- Manisha (ICT)
- Bart (PYP Classroom, Gr 5)
- Tabitha (PYP Classroom, Gr 2)
- Alice (Grade 1)
- Robin (Grade 6)
- Himani (IB Lang B)
- Jeff (Grade 5)
- Leslie (Spanish)
- Debi (Grade 5 & 6)
- Shary (Curriculum & PD)
- Himani (Lang B Year 12)
- Nandini (Chemistry)
Reach – Jeff Utecht – FREE Book!