The Speed of Normalcy
List the communication tools you use personally every day to work and live?
List the communication tools you use for your school communication?
What are the overlaps and where might you need to rethink your communication strategy?
Generational Communication Channels:
65+ = Phone, Facebook
35-65 = Email, Facebook, phone
20-35 = Text, Facebook, Email, phone
10-20 = SnapChat for close friends, Instagram for community, text for parents, facebook for public
Search Skills for Today
Information Landscape Today: Search
- Eric Schmidt
- Wikipedia vs Textbooks
- Is Google making us feel smarter?
- Let’s Search
- A Google A Day
- Search Lessons from Jeff
- Domain Extensions by Country
- Newspaper Archives
Math and Science
Information Landscape Today: Wikipedia
- Use the Talk Page
- Wikipedia’s Good Article criteria
- Wikipedia’s Quality Scale
- Wikipedia pops up in bibliographies, and even college curricula
- Wikipedia better than a history textbook
- Is Wikipedia Really Such a Bad Research Tool for Students?
- Wikipedia is arguably subject to more rigorous review practices than are many scholarly publications.
- Wikipedia Infographic
- WikiWand: Making Wiki more visually appealing
- Wikipedia real time edits
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Getting students started with Wikipedia
- Why use the SAMR Model
- Putting the SAMR model into perspective
- Go through some SAMR scenarios
- Watch teacher implement
- SAMR in their classroom
- SAMRerize your own unit
The why and what of SAMR
Search Google for a SAMR model that works for you. Discuss at your table why you like that SAMR infographic.
Explore COETAIL and SAMR projects
In jigsaw groups discuss your video and it’s SAMR components.