Principles of connectivism:
- Learning and knowledge rests in diversity of opinions.
- Learning is a process of connecting specialized nodes or information sources.
- Learning may reside in non-human appliances.
- Capacity to know more is more critical than what is currently known
- Nurturing and maintaining connections is needed to facilitate continual learning.
- Ability to see connections between fields, ideas, and concepts is a core skill.
- Currency (accurate, up-to-date knowledge) is the intent of all connectivist learning activities.
- Decision-making is itself a learning process. Choosing what to learn and the meaning of incoming information is seen through the lens of a shifting reality. While there is a right answer now, it may be wrong tomorrow due to alterations in the information climate affecting the decision.
STAGES OF TECHNOLOGY USE
SAMR Model SAMR Matrix
TRUDACOT (Technology-Rich Unit Design and Classroom Observation Template)
Latest COETAIL final projects
- Sean (IB Math)
- Jessica (HS English)
- Akio (PYP, Digital Citizenship)
- Dalton (Gr4 Math)
- Dwayne (ePortfolios in PYP)
- Kevin (Library)
- Zach (IB English)
- Jayne (Secondary ESL)
- Beth (PYP EAL)
- Sophie (IB Drama)
- Manisha (ICT)
- Bart (PYP Classroom, Gr 5)
- Tabitha (PYP Classroom, Gr 2)
- Alice (Grade 1)
- Robin (Grade 6)
- Himani (IB Lang B)
- Jeff (Grade 5)
- Leslie (Spanish)
- Debi (Grade 5 & 6)
- Shary (Curriculum & PD)
- Himani (Lang B Year 12)
- Nandini (Chemistry)
Reach – Jeff Utecht – FREE Book!
Building Search Understanding
Use the Talk Page
Wikipedia is arguably subject to more rigorous review practices than are many scholarly publications.
Student as Creator
Examples of Creation and Sharing
Attorney General’s Report on Cyber Predators