Workshops, break-out sessions, and keynote addresses.
- Laptop Institute – Memphis, TN
- NESA – Near East South Asia Conference
- NECC – National Education Computer Conference
- NCCE – Northwest Council for Computer Education
- ECIS Admin- European Council of International Schools
- EARCOS - East Asia Regianal Council of Overseas Schools
- Learning 2.008 – Learning 2.0 Conference Shanghai, China
One or two day workshops around a theme or strand. A good opportunity to go in-depth. I believe in a learner-centered approach. Sessions are held around the idea that learning happens through conversations and connections.
- Beyond E-Mail
- Students as Creators and Contributors
- Getting started with Personal Learning Networks
- It’s just like when we were kids, right?
- Moving from consumers to producers of knowledge
- Creating Student-Centered Blended Classroom Environments
I create custom presentations for each conference. Information and ideas move too fast to do it any other way.
- Day Workshops
- Weekend Workshops
- PD Days
Virtually present via the Internet. I have presented using numerous online systems including Skype, Elluminate and Adobe Connect.
Certificate of Educational Technology and Information Literacy
A set of 5 graduate courses (15 credits) that take a year and a half to complete. Partnered with SUNY – Buffalo State to offer the courses in a blended format that lead to a certificate in the state of New York.
Learning 2.0 Educational Technology Conference
Started by a group of dedicated educators in 2007. The Learning 2.0 Conference continues to push the boundaries of what a conference should look like in today’s connected world. 2008 – 2010 I was one of the main organizers of the conference and now hav stepped down as a main organizer and sit on the advisory board for the conference.
Started after I completed my own Google Apps Certification this program is just getting started. You can read more details behind the program for students and educators in this blog post.
Educational Ambassador for Wetpaint.com, a wiki company that offers ad-free wikis for educational use. When Wetpaint.com stopped offering ad-free wikis for educators I stepped down as the educational ambassador.
Aug. 2008 – Aug. 2009
East Asia Regional Council of Overseas Schools
IT Consultant for EARCOS helping them support the use of technology within the 101 members schools.
Aug. 2008 – 2011